To Commit or Not?
If all you have is one hour a week, that’s all we need. Any amount of time can make a significant difference to someone’s life, including your own. You would play an important role in awakening memories within a member of our elderly population or create new ones. Your presence helps them maintain the benefits of community integration. Friendships are formed every day.
Opportunities with Copper Terrace:
- Visit on a one-to-one basis
- Assist residents in writing letters
- Take residents outside in good weather
- Enjoy a coffee and conversation
- Be a part of bingo on Tuesday or Saturday afternoons
- Assist with crafts or implement your own craft
- Join in on any program that interests you from our monthly calendar of events
- Provide entertainment or help collect residents to participate
- Assist with special events, portering residents to and from program area and serving snacks
- Be part of a resident outings to shopping centers or restaurants
- Play cards
- Help maintain our volunteer-run General Store
How to become a volunteer?
Telephone or stop in to see the Volunteer Coordinator to receive an application package. Drop it off completed and you will be contacted to set up an interview and orientation to discuss what your preferences are and where we need volunteers.
All your questions can be answered at that time and you will be on your way to becoming an very important part of the Copper Terrace team.
If you have any questions, or would like further information about our facility and programs offered please contact our Program Director or visit the EVENTS section of the website.
Currently looking for:
Volunteer help on Saturday and Tuesday afternoon in our Copper Terrace General Store. Duties include assisting residents with their purchases and general store clerk duties. If interested please contact the Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer help with bingo afternoons on Saturday and Tuesday afternoons 1:00 to 3:30pm, duties include portering residents to and from the bingo, helping residents play bingo and handing out prizes.
If interested, please contact the Program Director at email@example.com.
Our Family Council was officially launched in the Spring of 2004 and renamed Family Forum in 2016.
Families Working Together to provide support, share experiences and seek solutions to common problems.
The Family Forum at Copper Terrace is an organized, self-led, self-determining, and composed of family and friends of the residents that reside here.
A Staff Advisor from the facility is appointed to support and facilitate the Forum.
The Family Forum provides mutual support, empowerment and advocacy to the family and the residents of Copper Terrace. Family Forum supports and organizes educational workshops for family members, staff and resident.
Benefits of Family Forum:
- On-going mutual support from shared experiences.
- Education and information related to the long-term care system.
- A means to express concern and solve problems.
- Family input into decisions and changes.
- Support residents who do not have concerned families or friends.
- Two-way communication between the home and families.
- Promotes open and effective communication.
- To ensure that the residents receive the care they need while maintaining their comfort.
- To address the issues, concerns and grievances of the residents and their families and to move these concerns on to the appropriate management level.
- To support families and friends of residents regarding their rights and needs.
- To work with families and friends, staff and management to provide the best caring environment possible.
- To provide forums to educate families, friends, staff, and management for the needs and concerns of the residents.
We are currently looking for new members to join our Family Forum! If you have a loved one here at Copper Terrace and would like to take part, please call Activities at (519) 354-5442.
Please see the Family Forum bulletin board in the front lobby for regular updates and information.